6.15.2010

Remembering my Fuschia Pants

via lovekarlak
Growing up with my mom who makes a living out of fashion designing and dressmaking, I wear clothes that she creates for us. Back then I didn’t appreciate any of it at all (sorry nay)… 
I remember the fuchsia pants that she made for me when I was 9. Since most of what we wear are made by my mom, we rarely buy clothes from department stores. So I had this longing to have a pair of long denim jeans. I told my mom that I badly wanted to have one for our field trip. My classmates were planning to wear those, and I wanted to it too… Instead, my mom made me fuchsia-colored pants, which I sadly wore to the field trip. I wasn’t really happy wearing it but I had no choice. My classmates asked me why I wore them..but my teachers sort of liked them. I felt a bit embarrassed because it was too fuchsia amidst the green scenery of the park and I’m always spotted by everyone. They asked me why I’m wearing those, and I just gave them a confused look. I didn’t realize up until now, that it was cute. I wish I could go back to that day and confidently wear those cute little fuchsia pants made by my mom. What made it look bad was my loss of confidence. If I had more confidence wearing them, then things would have turned up better. 
Lesson learned#1: It’s not the clothes we actually wear that makes us look good, but the confidence we exude when we wear them. Feel good to look good!  
Lesson learned#2: I have a very amazing mother who's very creative, talented, hardworking and most of all, very loving. I'm very proud to have her as my mom!


1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...noh?okies lng na,vicks..why don't u redeem urself nd wear it again with exuding confidence?!hekhek...jst kidding!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete