2.14.2010

V-day is Love Day

Red roses are to Valentine's Day what kisses are to love; they make it that much sweeter.

We sure are lucky to celebrate V-day freely, compared to other countries which ban the celebration of this occassion.

In Saudi Arabia, florists and gift shops were banned from displaying/selling anything RED around the time of Valentine’s day. In India, group of zealous fundamentalists known as the Sri Rama Sene, has issued an odd edict to avoid Valentine celebrations. They will secure that there will be no love in the air on Feb. 14. Too bad.

As long as we have freedom to show our affection to our lovers, family and friends, today and everyday, let’s not hesitate to share our love.

Roses-2

Roses-4

Roses-7

Roses-6

  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. -Siddhartta

 

Photos by: Me (Tokyo Japan, 2009)

 lala

No comments:

Post a Comment