2.06.2011

Cravings: Dreaming of food...

Singkamas (Turnip)
I love every juicy bite of singkamas strips, especially if its dipped in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce and sea salt. It makes my mouth water and it satisfies my demanding stomach.
Status: Done. Weekly Doses.

Green Mango
The most common food every pregnant Filipina craves for. Or if you've been caught craving for this one, people might actually suspect you are preggers. I love eating green mango with sauted shrimp paste!
Status: Done.Weekly Doses.

Cucumber Salad
This is one of my first few cravings. I love it with vinegar and salt. Ummmm....
Status: Done. Satisfied!

Sushi and Sashimi
One of my all-time faves... Sushi and Sashimi. I like the fish raw. It tastes sweeter. I've tried raw tuna, raw salmon, raw eel, raw squid, raw octopus, raw salmon roe, and a lot more. I like the salmon with avocado, onion and mayo sushi.  I like Ebi sushi the most, with some pickled ginger and wasabe + soy sauce. Sushi is never sushi without the wasabe. ;)
Status: Prohibited. I need to wait after delivery...

Chilli Crabs
Just looking at the pictures makes me want to eat it NOW. I miss the Chilli Crabs from Singapore... especially the one from Jumbo Seafood Restaurant. The big crabs, with a lot of succulent meat, all spiced up with sweet and savoury tomato and chilli sauce.
Status: Pending. Still searching where I find good ones here in Cebu.

Butter Crabs
Just when you think chilli crabs are the best, wait till you've tried butter crabs. It's creamy and full of flavour, with a distinct spicy taste. It's served with Mantou or buns which make it easier to scrape the creamy sauce. This is one of the yummiest food I've eaten so far. 
Status: Pending. Doubtful if there's a resto in Cebu serving this dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment